University of Muhammadiyah at Malang
University of Muhammadiyah Malang (UMM) is a private university in Malang. University was founded in 1964 under the leadership of Muhammadiyah organization.
UMM is one of the fastest growing universities, so that the PP Muhammadiyah was commissioned as a college coach for the entire UM (University of Muhammadiyah) eastern Indonesia. These programs are carefully designed to make UMM as “The Real University”, the university is really the university in terms of a higher education institution that is always committed to developing Tri Darma University
At present the University of Muhammadiyah Malang (UMM) campus occupies three locations, namely campuses I being on the road Bendugan Bandung, campuses two located in Sumbersari, and campuses three in Tegal Gondo. Campus 1 first is the forerunner of UMM, and now is concentrated to the graduate program. While the second campus once a major activity center, now in the concentrate as a campus medical school and nursing colleges D3 program. While the college 3 as integrated campus serve as the hub of all activity.
At the start up, open up some new UMM faculty, the Faculty of Social and Political Science, Law, Economics and the Faculty of Teacher Training and Education (Guidance and Counseling) and the Department of Religious Studies (Branch of FAI University of Muhammadiyah Jakarta). As time goes by and the demands of the times, the UMM has opened other faculties, the Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Agriculture, Faculty of Animal Science and Fisheries, Faculty of Psychology, Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences consists of the D3 and S1 Nursing, Pharmacy and Graduate Program each of which expands several directions.
DIPLOMA 3 PROGRAM (D3)
Consists of 3 Diploma Programme, among others:
- D-3 Nursing
- D-3 Electronics
- D-3 Finance and Banking
SCHOLAR PROGRAM (S1)
- Consisting of 10 Bachelor, among others:
- Faculty of Islamic
- Faculty of Social and Political Sciences
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Teacher Training and Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Agriculture and Animal Husbandry
- Faculty of Psychology
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Health Sciences
MASTERS PROGRAM (S2)
Consists of 7 Masters Program, among others:
- Masters in Management
- Masters of Islamic
- Masters of Law
- Masters in Education Policy
- Masters of Psychology
- Masters in Sociology
- Masters of Agribusiness
DOCTORAL PROGRAM (S3)
Consists of 1 Doctoral Program, among others:
- Social & Political Sciences
Currently UMM educate no less than 45,900 students from all over the country, from Aceh to Papua. That number includes foreign students, from Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, Australia and Timor Leste. They have a background of age, cultural, ethnic race, religion, social conditions and the origin of its high school. Thus, descry like UMM gate into the “Mini World” where interaction between individuals and communities of diverse backgrounds.
FACULTY And TECHNICAL STAFF
In the academic field, UMM continues to develop facilities and infrastructure to support educational activities, research of international standard and supported by a qualified teacher. This is done, because the UMM has been determined to be The Real University. Currently, UMM faculty have no less than 750 people with educational qualification almost 80% of graduates S2, 15% of graduates and Professors S3 while the rest are graduates S1 from various universities at home and abroad. Besides UMM also supported by hundreds of administrative staff, technicians and laboratory assistants, each an expert in his field. To improve the quality of human resources and Skill, UMM periodically sends faculty and technical staff abroad to study and explore the science and knowledge in all areas.
Meaning Logo –>
- Arabic text “MUHAMMADIYAH”, As followers of the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad
- Sun Shining 12, Muhammadiyah organization established in 1912
- Two sentences creed, As a pledge of Islam, which is testimony that there is no god but Allah and Recognition Muhammad as the messenger of Allah
- RICE AND COTTON, Intends to fight for a just and prosperous form clothing and food such as rice and character: “More and contains more ducking”
VISION And MISSION
“Making the top universities in the development of science, technology, and art (science and technology) based on Islamic values.”
- Quality education.
- Conducting research and community services that improve human welfare.
- Organizing the university management mandate.
- Organizing academic in Islamic life so as to beruswah repertoire.
- Organizing cooperation with other parties in the development of science and technology of mutual benefit.